Sunday, February 22, 2009

What's the Deal With That Title?

Rama Lama Sing Song, what’s that?

Well, I will tell you. I think that this title embodies the three main aspects of who I am; spirituality, musicality and humor.

Spirituality:
It contains the words Rama (a Hindu Avatar) and Lama (a Buddhist teacher of dharma). I have an affinity to both of these religions (as well as parts of many others).

Musicality:
I am a musician and “Rama Lama Sing Song” is a play on words of the common 50s music phrase “rama lama ding dong”. Also, most of the music from the 50s/60s was very upbeat and bubbly…which are some words that many would use to describe me as well. So it seems a good fit

Humor:
Humor is very important to me. I think laughing is essential to a joy-filled life. And, I have always loved the wittiness of play-on-words humor. Thus…Rama Lama Sing Song is born.

No comments:

Post a Comment